#FollowFriday – @Podiobooks: Gateway to hundreds of worlds of serialized audio fiction.

by Doc Coleman - Nifty Tech Editor on August 20, 2010 · 0 comments

in Follow Friday

This week I’d like to introduce you to @Podiobooks, the official Twitter stream of
Podiobooks.com. Podiobooks.com is the Internets first clearing house of podcast fiction. It has provided a place where authors (and podcasters) can get their works out to an audience (that would be you) and gain a following without having to mortgage their souls to monolithic and uncaring publishing companies. The site allows you to browse their catalog of novels and collections of short stories in serialized format. If you find something you like, you can set up your own private feed and Podiobooks will send you a chapter at a time, at the rate that you want to listen to it, be it one a week, one a month, or one a day. And all of this is free, and with the permission of that authors. And if you really like the work you’re listening for, you can go back to the site and make a donation to the author via Paypal. Podiobooks takes 25% of your donations to cover the costs of their servers and bandwidth and sends the other 75% to the author. That is better than just about anything else in the publishing world.

On Twitter, @Podiobooks is basically a news feed, keeping you updated on the latest offerings and events associated with the site. Some books listed are works in progress, and @Podiobooks will tell you when new chapters become available. Others are complete, but may have special episodes or live events that @Podiobooks will tell you about. And there are always announcements of new works being added to the catalog. If you’re a fan of audio fiction and podcasting, how can you not listen to @Podiobooks?

That is it for today. Next week I’ll be back with another Follow Friday post, and then on the 30th, Tee Morris and I will be back with another installment of our podcast/blog crossover. I hope folks have been reading and listening to the chapters, and that you’ll let me know what you think be leaving a comment, or voting in this month’s poll. Have a good one. See you next week!

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: