Time for a Poll?

by Doc Coleman - Nifty Tech Editor on March 10, 2010 · 7 comments

in Feedback, Poll

Now that Apple has announced Pre-orders, I thought it was time for a poll to see how you feel about the new iPad offerings.  The press has been filled with glowing reports, and brutal criticism.  There has been very little in between.  I’m not making up my mind until I can get my hands on one.

But I want to know what YOU think.  Go or no go on the iPad?  I’ve added a poll over on the right so you can vote on when and how you’ll be looking at picking up Apple’s latest offering.  This poll will be open until the iPad goes on sale on April 3rd, but future polls will typically be open for about a week.

So vote, or comment here, and tell the world what you think.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Odin1eye March 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM

I KNOW I am going to want it. I KNOW I am going to make myself wait. With a baby due any day and having just purchased a MBP, I can't justify the purchase. But I'm really really working on it. LOL

insegnante March 10, 2010 at 2:51 PM

iPhone did too much. iTouch was somewhat closeiPad had such great potential. A swing and a miss for what I was looking for. Plus Apple is making some really bad business deals. Gonna sit back and watch what they do with the next iPad.

Doc Coleman March 11, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Those are good reasons for delaying your purchase. But if you had the money to spare, what would you do?

Odin1eye March 11, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Buy it in a hearbeat.

Keetara Coleman March 11, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I like the idea they've come up with, but I think there is a lot that can be expanded on. I'll be waiting to see how they revise it for the next model before I purchase one. I really want to have the capability to run more than one app at a time. I dislike having to leave Safari on my iPhone so that I can use the calculator to decide if I can afford to make a purchase, n'stuff like that.

insegnante March 19, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Even if I did have the money I still wouldn't. I prefer to wait until a device has the options I want in it before I would buy it. I wouldn't want to be stuck with something that doesn't do what I really wanted it to. Personally, I would grow bored with it quickly and let it become a paperweight. So rather than have a $500 paperweight in a drawer somewhere, I'll just wait until the next version comes out.

Doc Coleman March 20, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Insegnante,That is fair enough. While Apple has published some of the specs, we still won't know what the iPad can do until we get our hands on it. But I am curious, what kind of options are you looking for?